The Daniels Fund Boundless Opportunity Scholarship
The Daniels Fund Boundless Opportunity Scholarship see seeks to provide funding for nontraditional full-time undergraduate students. Applicants must meet one or more of the selection criteria that is stated below and demonstrate significant financial need.
All applicants for the award will be required to write a 1-2 page (600+ words) personal statement explaining how they meet the selection criteria and describe any challenges they may have faced in earning their bachelor’s degree.
Final selection will be based on a combination of the scholarship application, personal statement,and financial need as evident through the FAFSA. If awarded, recipients will be required to visit with Jose Villar from the College Enrichment Program (CEP) to complete a survey and graduation plan. (Students in their final semester are still eligible to apply for the award).Scholarship Details
- Multiple scholarships available
- Total amount of each scholarship is $750 to be awarded for the Fall 2017 semester
- Application will be made available Monday, July 31st, 2017
- Application will be due Friday, September 1st, 2017 by 5 PM. (Application must be submitted electronically)
- Applicants must be a University of New Mexico student, enrolled full-time for the Fall 2017 semester, attempting to earn their first bachelor degree, and a non-traditional student such as…
- Adult learner (beginning higher education at age 22 or older)
- GED Recipients
- Returning military personnel
- Foster Care Youth
- Individuals pursuing EMT / Paramedic Certification
- Early Childhood Education Majors
- Returning students who had at least a 2 year break in their education